What's with this blogging thing?


Couple of years back, was it? I was into a discussion with one of my close associates, who, leading the discussion into a question, asked me "Do you know what a blog is?". And all that I could utilize was a techie mind, naive enough to confuse a blog with a BLOB (Binary Large Object). Spit I went! "OH YES OF COURSE! Its a data type to store large objects in binary format in SQL Server" (pardon me all non-techies, I know it makes little sense). Little did I understand [realize] the power of the WWW back then.


Call it _____ (Fill in the blanks, I am having perseverations, manifestations of a dying vocabulary as I get old) - I was in a casual chat with the same person after those "Couple of years" have passed and he proposes another question, "Do you have a blog?". I couldn't/wouldn't confuse this one with some techie jargon. Guess I got the message right. It was high time I owned a blog, It was the call of the times, the need of the hour, the new fashion statement, the absolute status symbol, everyone has it, chachi has it, maami has it, so much so even little pinky has it and so does every 'kid around across the street' (we don't have blocks in our country)


...or was having a blog a necessity? We computing guys have a habit of making simple things complex (We just like doing that). For a change I thought of making a complex thing simple, cutting long story short


I like to talk, and I like to share, and so I finally have a blog! Read on people, you might find something, someday, that appeals...

..and thanks chief! you finally got me blogging..

Comments

Popular Posts