Is the matrix approaching?


I have always been excited by the way Hollywood (and certain Bollywood) movies flabbergast Sci-Fi stuff and present how the protagonist (or some of his acquaintance) knows each and every tool 'n' trick of the big mean computing machines that claim to control the world. Not exactly a thing of the past, the Wachowski brothers (Larry and Andy) came up with the blockbuster title called "The Matrix". The concept was quite well expressed and no doubt was it a concept often thought upon earlier, but yes, presented very differently in The Matrix. Effects, cinematography, camera angles all noticeable; and desirable in a Sci Fi flick -all worth the awards it won. And I was quite intrigued by the idea of "Machines taking over the human race" and like Wikipedia describes "The machines responded by using human beings as their energy source, growing countless people in pods and harvesting their bioelectrical energy and body heat."
Inspite the fact that I saw the movie a couple of times (I actually couldn't fully understand it in the first go) , the idea of machines harvesting human bodies was perhaps too much to digest...
And the scene changes, I stumble upon this link on howstuffworks.com... http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/blood-battery.htm. Perhaps more interesting than The Matrix ever was or could be (no offences Larry/Andy, I think you guys did a wonderful job), I am thinking to myself, would we soon be having machines harvesting human blood? if this went into the wrong hands... With the kind of population that thrives and strives under the "Global Poverty Line" (I dont know if such an index exists) I wouldnt be surprised to see people selling blood to run your home computers, or perhaps cattle and poultry being raised for powering your light bulbs. The idea sounds scary but yes perhaps it is indeed a renewable source of energy and may take care population problem for many countries. I hope I live to see the year 2050 when all this might be a common practice around the world. I hope I live to see when one would see the caption "Imagine 2000 blood pouches inside" instead of "Imagine 2000 batteries inside" that Energizer prints on its rechargeable batterie packs.
And I do not know who can answer this but will we have Neo around to save us? and will he wake up to the call of Morpheus?

Comments

Popular Posts