Startling and devastating discoveries

I get to find out something that startled me (and many others) and perhaps devastated even more heads.

1. Microsoft Visual Studio does not support device development prior to Windows phone 7.0

- Microsoft, what were you thinking when you took this decision? Are you saying that all the loyal developers, architects and followers of your technology game, who have been rolling up their sleeves and fighting with all the *nixers and Mac-ers, while you guys watch your stocks soaring, hold no importance to you?
- What about those who have sincerely carried your flag for years and suggested their employers to use MS technology as it is future-proof. Were you lying to them?
- Agreed technology needs to improve and you withdrew support for nifty technologies for VB etc... but you don't even have one phone running Windows Phone 7.0 in the market and you take this decision!
- I am pissed off.

2. Windows Phone 7.0 is not what it seems to be
- #include <whateverisaidearlier.h>
- No Multitasking- What were you thinking? Balmer (musing): "iPhone decided to go that way (and it was a blockbuster), so must I". Have you heard of Android? multitasking, and works better than Windows Mobile.
- and you guys have the audacity to showcase it as "an iPhone from the future!"
- I hate myself for overlooking all the nuisances of WinMo all these years and promoting it as something that works.
- I am learning to program Android and Objective C.

I am being impulsive, I am pissed off, I will get back to MS technologies in a day or two, but during that time, I will keep swearing.

Comments

Popular Posts